- What we did > The aggregation of a large number of third-party payment services into a single interface was achieved by suggesting an API design that balances integration effort against complex logic on the orchestration platform itself.
- The value > Offering a balanced API design leads to improved solution sustainability, allowing it to work in multiple regions with many third parties.
Smart routing logic and maintenance
- What we did > The Qaiware team designed and implemented a smart routing switch, leveraging the platform’s own tokenization and 3D Secure server instance alongside third-party services in case of regional compliance rules or conversion-based metrics. Based on a simple configuration rather than a complex rule engine, the smart routing switch did not have any impact on the system’s performance.
- The value > Reduced cost, achieving compliance using particular services based on regional specifics, and achieving a unified user experience.
Performance and scalability
- What we did > A microservice architecture was chosen for the platform from the very beginning of the project, which enabled Qaiware to suggest and easily implement a performant solution that fit the client’s business needs. Via carefully time-boxed research, the team suggested а number of improvements addressing performance and technical debt in general. Among these was the introduction of the CQRS pattern and improvements to the data model.
- The value > After implementing the solution, the system witnessed a significant performance boost.
Agile way of work
- What we did > Qaiware organised its autonomous agile delivery process to interface with the complex business environment of the client in order to collect requirements, feedback, and to efficiently drive the software through UAT and towards a productive environment. For this purpose, the company’s delivery team suggested a set of scheduled events with the participation of only relevant stakeholders on the Client side. Among the events were refinement meetings, steerco meetings, regular status updates, and roadmap revision events.
- The value > Having a well-defined interface with the Client organisation did not stand in the way of the agile process but did aid in addressing issues on time.
Payment Orchestration Platform Automotive Industry
The Client supports operations globally and aims to centralise its payment services into a single platform. The Client made the decision to build a custom software solution for that purpose. Key parts of the design and implementation were assigned to Qaiware. Our team was tasked with the development of a payment orchestration platform that deals with regional specifics in terms of payments and compliance, cuts costs using smart routing, and streamlines the checkout process to provide a single experience through a number of locations around the world.
> Unify payment services under a single interface
> Design and implement a solution that leverages smart routing
> Implement an efficient and scalable software solution
> Organise software delivery that is agile and can interface with a traditional project management framework
- Each team member was familiar with the payments domain, card payments specifics, and the PCI standard.
- Qaiware provided two fully staffed teams and a Delivery Manager to organise the software delivery.
> Microservice architecture
> Spring Boot
> SQL Database
> NoSQL Database